Is Colon Cleansing Safe?
Colon cleansing is a safe process used by tens of thousands of satisfied customers. There are some conditions and drugs that makeit inadvisable to use and others that require the guidance of a healthcare practitioner to monitor your condition and/or adjust your drug dosage as needed. Please read the following information carefully.
Do NOT Cleanse:
- if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or nursing
- if you become pregnant, stop the cleanse immediately
- if you have an active, acute infection anywhere in the body
- if you are undergoing/recovering from a medical procedure, surgery or therapy
- if you have extreme weakness or extreme deficiencies
- if you have abdominal pain, abnormal narrowing of esophagus or intestines, an acute inflammation of the GI tract, bowel obstruction, or diarrhea
Additional General Guidelines
As a general rule of thumb, we recommend that you not take any other herbs, supplements, vitamins or OTC or recreational drugs, while you are cleansing.
Cleansing is an opportunity for the body to clean house; the least added to your diet, the more efficient the cleansing. If, however, you feel intuitively you need to keep taking them, please follow your intuition, your own personal guide for what’s best for you. If you are a taking a prescription drug temporarily, please finish its course before starting your cleanse. If your prescription drug is needed on an everyday, ongoing basis, please look over the safety information first. You will find cautions for some drugs that may make cleansing prohibitive for you and other drugs that you may continue to take, but will need to do so two hours apart from taking any formula of the cleansing kits.