How Often Should I Cleanse My Colon?
This is best answered by listening to your body. Ultimately you are the best judge of your needs and if you intuitively feel now is the time for you to cleanse, then do so. That said, there are general minimum and maximum guidelines. What determines how often you cleanse is the state of your health and whether you have ever done any cleansing before. Those who are not in the best of health and/or have never cleansed before, will find they need to cleanse more frequently for the first 2–3 years and then return to a yearly or twice yearly maintenance program of cleansing. Minimum - once a year or once every Spring and Fall. Maximum - once every 2–3 months, followed by alternating periods of a rebuilding diet/program. Please consult your healthcare provider if you elect to choose this more intensive path of cleansing.
How to Sustain Your Health Improvements
Herbal Cleansing can lead to many different health benefits – but remember that sustaining your benefits requires an ongoing personal commitment to improve your eating habits and lifestyles.
Five Keys to Ongoing Health
- Maintain a healthy digestive system
- Maintain regular elimination (daily!)
- Be sure to get sufficient, restful sleep
- Detox your whole body, at least once a year
to reduce the effects of exposure to internal and external toxins
- Eliminate or reduce exposure to toxins
Key Diet and Lifestyle Changes That We’ve Found
to be Universally Effective
- Answer nature’s call immediately – never suppress the urge for a bowel movement.
- Consume 20–25 grams of dietary fiber daily.
- Drink lots of pure, filtered water each day.
Water is beneficial for many reasons, however it is essential to drink plenty of water when using fiber supplements such as our Toxin Absorber™ to help reduce constipation.
- Choose organic, non-processed whole foods.
- Have 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil daily.
- Take nutritional supplement of Organic Superfood™ daily.
- Include a small portion of cultured or fermented food with every meal.
- Maintain good dental health – and chew your food well!
- Exercise moderately – everyday.
- Avoid or reduce consumption of common toxins (tobacco, caffeine, alcohol, sugar).
- Repeat your herbal colon cleansing 1–2 times every year.
- Keep a positive outlook…enjoy life!
Colon Cleansing precautions
The good, better, best ways to colon cleanse